Samer Abdelnour is a PhD candidate in Management at the London School of Economics and Political Science. His research explores postwar
peace-building, development, and humanitarian interventions through the lenses of institutional theory and social enterprise. Since 2005,
Samer has been involved with numerous applied research projects across the Blue Nile, Darfur, and Southern Sudan with displaced and
marginalized communities, and ex-combatants. He is a member of the Innovation Co-Creation Lab and Conflict Research Group at the London
School of Economics and Political Science, a founding member of the Foundation for Sustainable Enterprise and Development, and is an
affiliate of the Centre for Refugee Studies, York University. He holds an undergraduate degree in Management and Economics from the
University of Toronto and a Master in Environmental Studies from York University.
- From Fuelwood to GBV: Repackaging the Efficient-stove as a 'Solution’ to Crises in Sudan/Darfur, Boiling Point, 59 (2010)
- Forging Through Adversity: The Blacksmiths of North Darfur and Practical Action. GIM Case Study No. B057. New York: United Nations Development Programme (2010)
- Abdelnour, S. & Branzei, O. (2010).“Fuel-Efficient Stoves for Darfur: The Social Construction of Subsistence Marketplaces in Post-Conflict Settings”, Journal of Business Research 63(6): 617-629.
- Abdelnour, S., Badri, B., Branzei, O., McGrath, S. & Wheeler, D. (2008). “Grassroots Enterprise Development in Darfur and Southern Sudan”. In O.E. William CSC (Ed.) Peace through commerce: Partnerships as the New Paradigm (pp. 283-306). South Bend: University of Notre Dame Press.
- Atari, D.O., Abdelnour, S., McKague, K. & Wager, R. (2010) “Technical, Vocational, and Entrepreneurial Capacities in Southern Sudan: Assessment and Opportunities”. Toronto: Centre for Refugee Studies, York University & Plan International.
- Abdelnour, S. (2008) “Cultivating Peace through Community-Based Enterprise: Agricultural Cooperatives for Ex-Combatants in the Blue Nile & South Darfur”, Sudan -- Interim Report (November 2008).
- Abdelnour, S., Badri, B., El Jack, A., Wheeler, D., McGrath, S. & Branzei, O. (2008). “Examining Enterprise Capacity: A Participatory Social Assessment in Darfur and Southern Sudan”. Toronto: Centre for Refugee Studies, York University.
- Abdelnour, S. & Branzei, O. (2009) “The Renaissance of Community Enterprise in Postwar Sudan”. Creating Knowledge in the New Economy, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, Niagara Falls, Canada, 2009. (Best Paper Award, Entrepreneurship Division).