Sara Pavanello has an MSc in Development Management from the London School of Economics. Prior to joining the Humanitarian Policy Group at ODI, she worked as a researcher at Islamic Relief Worldwide in their Policy and Research Unit where she managed a program evaluation of income-generating initiatives for women in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. Sara has also worked for JP Morgan Chase as Executive Assistant/Business Development Management at the M&A Investment Banking Division in London. Sara’s current research focuses on displacement in urban areas, pastoral livelihoods and drought management and response in the Horn of Africa, disaster risk reduction, and programming in protracted crises and transitional contexts. Geographical areas of interests are Middle East with a particular focus on the oPt. Kenya and Ethiopia. E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- S. Pavanello (2010) Fighting hunger in protracted crises: what can be done? ODI Blog
- S. Pavanello (2010) Working across borders. Harnessing the potential of cross-border activities to improve livelihood security in the Horn of Africa drylands. HPG Policy Brief 41. ODI
- S. Pavanello, Elhawary S. and Pantuliano S. (2010) Hidden and Exposed: Urban Refugees in Nairobi, Kenya. HPG Working Paper. ODI
- S. Pavanello and Montemurro M. (2010) Displacement in Urban Areas: Implications for Humanitarian Action in Adapting to Urban Displacement. Forced Migration Review 34 - February 2010
- J. Lindsey, Jaspars S., Pavanello S., Ludi E., Slater R., Arnall A., Grist N., and Mtisi S. (2010) Responding to a changing climate: Exploring how disaster risk reduction, social protection and livelihoods approaches promote features of adaptive capacity. ODI Working Paper 319. ODI.
- N. Jones, C. Harper, S.Pantuliano, S. Pavanello (2009) The global economic crisis and impacts on children and caregivers: emergency evidence and possible policy responses in the Middle East and North Africa. ODI Background Note
- S. OCallaghan, Jaspars S. and Pavanello S. (2009) Losing Ground: Protection and Livelihoods in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. HPG Working Paper. ODI
- S. OCallaghan and Pavanello S. (2009) Laws of War under Threat in Densely Populated Gaza. ODI Blog
- S. Pavanello and Pantuliano S. (2009) Hidden Lives: Refugees in the Cities. ODI Blog
- S. Pavanello (2009) Fighting Hunger: the Endless Plight of Pastoralists in the Horn of Africa. ODI Blog
- S. Pavanello (2009) Pastoralists’ Vulnerability in the Horn of Africa: exploring political marginalisation, donors’ policies and cross-border issues – Literature review. HPG Report. ODI
- S. Pantuliano and Pavanello S. (2009) Taking Drought into Account: Addressing Chronic Vulnerability among Pastoralists in the Horn of Africa. HPG Policy Brief no. 35. ODI
- S. Bailey, Pavanello S., Elhawary S. and OCallaghan S. (2009) Early Recovery: an Overview of Policy Debates and Operational Challenges. HPG Working Paper. ODI
- S. Bailey and Pavanello S. (2009) Untangling Early Recovery. HPG Policy Brief 38. ODI
- B. Ramalingam, Pavanello S. with Scriven K. (2009) Gaza Humanitarian Crisis: Lessons for Operational Agencies, ALNAP. ODI
- B. Ramalingam and Pavanello S. (2008) Cyclone Nargis: Lessons for Operational Agencies, ALNAP. ODI
- S. Pavanello and Darcy J. (2008) Improving the provision of basic services for the poor in fragile environments, International Literature Review- Synthesis Paper. HPG Report. ODI
- S. Pavanello and Othieno T. (2008) Improving the provision of basic services for the poor in fragile environments, International Literature Review- Education Sector. HPG Report. ODI
- S. Pavanello (2008) Improving the provision of basic services for the poor in fragile environments, International Literature Review- Health Sector. HPG Report. ODI